EFFECTIVE DATE: September, 07, 2015
The Information We Collect
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Services.
Information We Collect Directly
Registration Information. In order to use our Services, you must provide your name, email address and profile picture, and you must create a password. We also may collect additional optional information from you, such as your work experiences, your educational experiences, and other past and present facts and features of your life.
Insights. We will ask you to provide insights about the friends and peers in your DIKY network. Similarly, we will ask those people in your network to provide insights about you. We use these insights to build personality profiles for DIKY users; Similarity profiles for DIKY users; to provide related, aggregate reports to users; and for other purposes described in this Policy.
Contacts. We will ask you to share your contact list or address book with us and SMS,s, so that we can invite your contacts to join DIKY. Further, if we think that you may know someone (e.g., because you have five connections in common, or because you have an email address with the same company or domain), we may add them to your DIKY network.
Polls and Surveys. We may ask you to participate in polls and surveys. If you do, we may collect and share the information we collect from you as described in this Policy.
Information We Collect Automatically.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes. For example, we use the information we collect about you to build and provide you with personality assessments.
- To send invitations to your contacts, inviting them to join DIKY.
- To tailor the content and information that we send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our App, Site, or Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising and promoting our Services on third-party websites and apps, including by linking to your public profile from both free and paid advertising sites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our App, Site, and Services; respond to user desires and preferences; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To provide reports and analysis to third parties, such as employers and job recruiters.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Public Profile.Your DIKY profile (including your name, photo, employment information, personality assessments, as well as other information your add to your profile) is publicly available. Therefore, DIKY users and other visitors to our Site and App may see your profile.
- DIKY Users.Your friends and peers may be asked to provide insights about you and, when they do, we may share with them information about the insights provided by other DIKY users about you. For example, if we ask certain peers in your network whether you or one of your peers are more analytical, each time someone responds we may tell them how others have responded to the same questions about you.
- Third Parties.We may share your information with third parties, such as recruiters, marketers and select business partners. For example, we may share your information with employers and recruiters so that they may send you information about job openings and other information. We may also share your information with third-party marketers, who may use your information to send you offers and other promotional materials, as well as with select third-party business partners, who may use it for research, analytical, marketing, and related purposes.
- Service Providers.We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers.If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process.We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order, or other legal process.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information.We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Connect with Friends
We welcome you to invite your friends and peers to join DIKY. As part of this, we may ask you to share your address book or contacts list with us. When you invite a friend or share your address book or contacts list, we collect your friend’s information. We will automatically send your friend an email inviting him or her to join DIKY. If your friend does not want to receive further invitations or other emails from us, he or she may opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email we send.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and App, and while using our Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function
Local Storage Objects. We may use Local Storage Objects (“LSOs”), including Flash LSOs, to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Third-Party Ad Networks
What about Do-Not-Track options? Currently, our Site and app does not honour browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, opt out of many website third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites:www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on the NAI and DAA websites accessible by the above links.
Our App, Site, and Services in present of future may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third parties.
We may invite you to post content on our App or Site, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our App or Site. If you post content to our App or Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site. If you post your own content on our App, Site, or Services, your posting may become public and DIKY cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account and the information accessible via your account by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to My Personal Information
You may modify your profile information and profile picture by logging into your account and updating your information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the App or Site for a period of time. Additionally, if you discontinue using our Services or update your profile information, we may retain the data previously collected about you.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site, at www.DIKY.co/privacy.html, and in our App. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavour to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change in our App, on our Site, or by emailing you at your email address of record.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at reachout@DIKY.co.